Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back to Business



Well what a winter it has been. I only did 1 snowshoe race this past winter and that was Curly's in Pittsfield. Training and racing has been tough since our daugter was born on Dec 30th. Not to mention having to work a jump schedule made exercising more difficult. I have been able to get out on my off days and now with day light savings only one week away and much warmer temps, well at least in Wellfleet, I am considering myself back in business. To make sure I would stick with it I registered for the New Bedford 1/2 in 2 weeks. Not enough time to properly train but I know I can do it. To make sure I could I went out yesterday and ran 13.1 miles through the South Wellfleet Wildlife Management Area. All but maybe 2-3 miles were on the old roads and trails. It took me 1:49:29 but I wasnt pushing, I was actually just dogging it to see how my body felt after doing that many miles. My fastest mile was 7:45 and that was when I ran on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. All in all I felt good, hungry when I got home but this morning my legs feel great. So with New Bedford on the horizon, I have no plans for a time. Last time I ran that race I did 1:27:34 in 2004. I think I was 24 at the time. I have no plans on beating that time as I am in no shape so we will see what happens.


On other notes, Sheila and I, and now also Anna, did a Lighthouse walk on Sunday afternoon. It was our 9th Cape Cod Lighthouse and Anna's First. Actually you could say it was also Anna's 9th because she was inside Sheila when we did all the other ones. We hikes 2 miles to Stage Harbor Lighthouse in Chatham MA. We pushed Anna in the Bob's running stroller over a packed down dirt road. We love the stroller as it allows us to be outside together with her!! This lighthouse is no longer in use but still a lighthouse. Our plan is in two weeks when we go to New Bedford to try to grab a few more lighthouse on the way home. Also we are going to visit the New Bedford Whaling Museum National Historical Park. We want to visit as many National park Service sites as possible with our daughter!!!


Lighthouses to Date: As a Family ( I Have a bunch from Minnesota and Wisconsin: They dont Count!

1. Wood end: P-Town

2. Race Point: P-Town

3. Nauset Light- Eastham

4. Highland Light- Truro

5. Three Sisters- Eastham

6. Chatham Light- Chatham

7. Lewis Bay- Hyannis

8. West Chop- The Vineyard

9. Stage Harbor- Chatham


Well off to get ready to work.

Family Visit

1 comment:

  1. Cool profile picture:)
    Gonna make it up for St. Pat's 10k next weekend?

    ReplyDelete